Website VSO Nepal
Consultant – Admin and Operation Coordinator
Salary: As per organization rule
Contract type: Consultant Agreement
Full Time: 37 hours per week
Application Closing: Date 24 Nov 2021
Interview date: Soon as possible
Start date: Soon as possible
Under the direct supervision and overall guidance of Operation specialist, this position will support and oversee all procurement activities and other operational responsibilities (IT, Inventory, Logistics and travel). Provide advice, assistance and follow-up on procurement process and procedures ensuring policies of VSO, related donors and partners.
Under the direct supervision and overall guidance of Operation specialist, this position will support and oversee all procurement activities and other operational responsibilities (IT, Inventory, Logistics and travel). Provide advice, assistance and follow-up on procurement process and procedures ensuring policies of VSO, related
Skills, Qualifications and Experience
General- 4-5 years of working experience in similar position with Bachelor’s degree in Business Management or other relevant field. Masters Preferred
Human Resource- Experience of working with different cultures and backgrounds. Strong team coordination, listening, and consensus building skills. Understanding and commitment to data protection and equality and diversity issues.
People Management – Ability to support others.
- Ability to work with people from different cultures and backgrounds with commitment to diversity. Ability to build partnerships and relationships in a multi-cultural environment with demonstrable commitment to delivering excellent customer service.
Communication Skills – Excellent communications in English and local languages and ability to interact effectively with international and national staff.
Organization and Problem Solving
- Ability to manage conflicting priorities in a complex and fast changing environment, work on own initiative and problem solving with solution focus. Ability to carry multi-task and analyze information into action to conduct program activities timely
- Flexibility to adapt to new situations, with a positive attitude to working in an international organization. Able to travel occasionally and spend time away from base and home.
- Show attentiveness to work, ability to follow procedures, meet deadlines and work independently and cooperatively with team members.
Financial Management – General understanding of financial management policy and procedures.
Information Technology – Good level of computer skills (Windows, Excel, Power Point, Word, Outlook, Internet) and with a full knowledge of office applications
- Able to travel in a rural area in country and internationally occasionally and spend time away from work- base location and home.
Commitment to VSO’s mission, values, People First principles and core approaches (Social Inclusion and Gender, Social Accountability, and Resilience).
VSO has zero tolerance of abuse and exploitation of vulnerable people. We expect all our employees/volunteers to ensure we protecting children, young people and vulnerable adults from harm and abide by our safeguarding policy.
- Experience working with international NGO.
- Experience of working with volunteers.
Competencies and Behaviour
At VSO we believe progress is only possible by working together. Whether you want to join us as an employee, or as a volunteer working in your own country, overseas or online, our selection process includes an assessment based on these core competencies:
- Ability to be open minded and respectful
- Ability to be resilient and adaptive to new situations
- Ability to facilitate positive change and build sustainable working relationships
- Ability to seek and share knowledge
VSO promotes equal opportunities and values a diverse workforce.
VSO reserves the right to close this job early if we receive a sufficient number of applications.
If you’re interested in applying for this role, please download the job description for more information.