Website Jyoti Bikash Bank Limited
Jyoti Bikash Bank Limited is a national level development bank engaged in commercial banking activity with category “Kha” license from Nepal Rastra Bank. Established by a core group of promoters coming from the employees of Nepal Electricity authority among other businessmen, professionals and common citizens, the bank had an original focused vision of promoting hydropower sector through lending credit facilities to potential hydro projects. Continuously assessing the needs of the common citizens and economy of the country on the whole, the Bank has by now established itself as a financial institution catering to a large segment of the society with the cause of the citizens’ needs at the centre.
With the growing economy and a change in the demographic mix, more and more people are getting engaged into commercial and financial activities and the need of credit and other banking facilities has been on a tremendous rise. From personal financial needs to the financial needs of small and medium size businesses to the needs of big corporates, the Bank has been at the forefront of supporting the national goal of bringing about prosperity in the lives of the citizens.
Starting with an initial paid up capital of Rs. 259 Million, the Bank has reached a paid up capital of Rs. 3.84 billion. In the journey of past almost 13 years, the Bank merged with Jhimruk Bikas Bank Limited (FY 2073/74) and has acquired 2 more regional level development banks in, Raptiveri Bikas Bank Limited (FY 2074/75) and Hamro Bikas Bank Limited (FY 2075/76).
The Bank currently has 105 branches across the county including 1 extension counter. The Bank has also been providing services from network of ATM machines (62) and is in the process of extending its reach through both branch and ATM expansion apart from reaching the growing techno-friendly customers with wide range of digital banking products.
Jyoti Bikash Bank has set a clear set of Purpose, Vision, Core values and business strategy which truly reflects its utmost urge to serve the citizens of the Country through all possible avenues.
Level: Managerial Level – 1
Qualification: Minimum of Master’s Degree in Law/Management or a professional accounting degree from IFAC member institutes or a professional degree in Company Secretary.
Experience: LLB with 10 years professional experience or LLM/professional accounting degree with 5 years of professional experience or Company Secretary degree with 2 years of professional experience in public listed companies.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Aptitude
- Possesses sound knowledge in Commercial Law (including BAFIA, Nepal Rastra Bank Act, Company Act, Banking Offence and Punishment Act, Bank and Financial Institution’s Debt Recovery Act, Payment and Settlement Act, Unified Directives of NRB, Banking related important case laws of Supreme Court and other relevant Acts and Laws) / Ability to finely deal with clients, colleagues and stakeholders.
- Demonstrates ability to introduce and implement strategic ways and means in planning, designing and delivering outcomes right on time.
- Demonstrates a complete in-depth grasp of CS competencies.
- Consistently approaches work with energy and positive and constructive attitude.
- Demonstrates strong oral and written communication skills including necessary computer typing skills in both Nepali and English.
- Possesses administrative skills required for the post.
- Possesses persuading skills.
- Fond of doing each task to its finest form possible, excellent in organization and prioritization, and completing the tasks before deadline.
- Fond of taking initiative and proactive actions, and flexibility when necessary to promote institutional cause without compromising the institutional values.
- Maintains highest level of discretion in handling confidential information.
- Demonstrates confidence to provide support to high-profile board and staff members.
The Company Secretary will be responsible for building a team in company secretariat office which will provide highly competent secretarial support to the shareholders, board of directors and the executive management.
Corporate position will be offered commensurate with the skills, relevant experience & exposure of candidates.
Only shortlisted candidates will be called for further selection process. Bank reserves the right to reject any application without assigning any reason thereof. Canvassing at any stage of the process shall lead to automatic disqualification.
Source: Himalayan Times, 6 January, 2021