Organization: Women’s Rehabilitation Center (WOREC)
Position: Communication Officer
The Communication Officer will work under direct supervision of Knowledge Management and Communication Coordinator and supports in implementation of communication strategy. Communication officer works to provide support to the planning and design of communication and outreach/advocacy strategies and plans and coordinates for the development and dissemination of advocacy and outreach materials.
Duty Station: Kathmandu
The position requires at least 60% of field visit for generation of communication resources.
Detailed job description
• Produce, develop, write and edit communication and advocacy materials, including press releases, newsletter, website content, social media content, human interest stories, articles, videos, podcasts, infographics for both web-based, and traditional media.
• Gather, edit and coordinate media collaterals like images, audio, video and texts.
• Establish or maintain an up-to-date documentation centre for communication materials including publications, press releases and clippings, photographs, audio-visual materials, web resources etc.
• Handle all social media platforms, website and official email system.
• Coordinate with the programme team, community based organization, website developers, press, artist, graphic designers among others to produce the communication resources and to conceptualize and implement communications strategies and campaigns
• Coordinate with the district offices to generate, collect, categorize all communication and documentation related requests
• Undertake field visit to the relevant program areas to generate communication resources and document program activities, stories and impacts
• Be the focal point to coordinate brand compliance and contribute to organization’s internal communication mechanisms
• Engage in media outreach activities and profile advocacy issues
• Build capacity and support district-based knowledge management and communication focal person on identification, documentation, and production of communication resources
• Assist in developing and maintaining close collaboration with mass media, as well as with groups and organizations whose support is essential to the achievement of advocacy and communication objectives.
• Assist Knowledge Management & Communication Coordinator for development and execution of 12 month communication plan including editorial calendar, and social media plans
• Develop complementary, programme specific content in accordance with the organization communication strategy and adapted to the target audience.
• Recommend appropriate information and communication materials for use in media, and other advocacy and communication activities; recommend the appropriateness, quality and dissemination of printed and audio-visual materials.
• Implement the tasks in the programme communication plan and strategy as assigned.
• Monitor and evaluate the appropriate and timely production and dissemination of advocacy and communication materials to target audiences.
• Take up roles and responsibilities according to the needs of the Knowledge Management and Communication department.
Education Qualification and Skills Required
• Bachelor’s degree in Communication, Journalism, Development Communication, Public Relations or related field with at least 2 year of professional work experience in communication, print and broadcast media or related field.
• Excellent written and verbal communication and reporting skills in English and Nepali language.
• Experience in designing and implementing communication and/or media outreach plans
• Knowledge on communication strategies and experienced with working in various media formats including print, web, audio, video etc.
• Experienced with website and social media management and knowledge of various communication tools, platforms and technologies to perform the duties
• Good of handling DSLR camera for photography and production of short video stories.
• Knowledge of community capacity building and experience to organize and implement communication, media and branding related training.
• Basic level of graphic designing and video editing skills in online platforms like Canva or Adobe photoshop or alternatives is required
• Prior working knowledge on human rights issues, specifically relating to gender equality and diversity awareness is an asset.
Last date to apply: 27th October, 2020
HOW TO APPLY
Qualified candidates may send cover letter detailing their experience and motivation for the current position with an updated CV to email@example.com by 27th October, 2020. The position will be fulfilled on a rolling basis, so candidates are encouraged to apply early.
Women are highly encouraged to apply for the positions. Only the shortlisted candidates will be called for written test and interview. No telephone calls will be entertained.