Website Non-Resident Nepali Association (NRNA)
Chief Executive Officer (CEO)
Number of Vacant Position: 1
Job Level: Senior Level(MD, CEO, CFO, Chief of Party etc)
Job Category: Others
Summary of Position
Non-Resident Nepali Association (NRNA) was established with the purpose of uniting and binding the Nepali Diaspora under one umbrella on 11 October, 2003. In the course of completing 18 years of its existence NRNA has developed into a non-governmental global organization and a network of Nepali origin by establishing National Coordination Council (NCC) in 85 countries.
The network of Nepali Diaspora represented by NRNA has developed itself into a formidable force that can represent Nepali interest globally. Keeping all these in mind, the Government of Nepal has given legal status to Nepali Diaspora by promulgating Non-Resident Nepali Act 2064. For practical purposes Nepali citizens living outside South Asian Association for Regional Cooperation (SAARC) member countries or People of Nepali Origin (PNO) holding foreign nationality other than SAARC nations are considered as NRNs.
The NRNA was instituted to represent the interests, concerns and commitments of all Non-Resident Nepalis (NRNs) and marshal their knowledge, skills, resources and involvement in the socio-economic development of Nepal and the Nepalese people.
JOB DESCRIPTIONS (JDs) OF CHIEF EXECUTIVE OFFICER (CEO):
- Responsible to lead as the head of the Secretariat of NRNA.
- Responsible to report to President, General Secretary, International Executive Secretariat (IES) and International Coordination Council (ICC).
- Supervise operations of the association and take control measures as and when required.
- Represent NRNA in different sectors, authorities on behalf of the IES.
- Assure that association its objectives, motto, programs, policies and strategies are consistently presented in strong, positive image to public and concerned authorities
- Liaise with the Nepal Government, Private Sector, UN Agencies, International Partners, Diasporas, Other Dignitaries and Professionals.
- Coordinate and organize ICC meetings and prepare minutes /report of such meetings and shared to the senior management.
- Draft Policy and make plans to take Secretariat and initiatives of the association ahead
- Implement plans and recommend best measures /policy to the ICC.
- Plan and organize annual global, international events of the association in and out of Nepal
- Evaluate the outcomes of the tasks carried out by association timely and report to ICC
- Formulate Annual Calendar of association and implement the programs
- Advise; update and supply information; notice and reports to the IES and ICC and NCCs.
- Prepare yearly budget planning and recommend self-sustaining programs of the secretariat and put forward to ICC for the approval.
- Work on the proposal, concept notes, MoUs to explore funding and partnership to work for the benefits of migrant workers and NRN’s.
- Undertake resource management of Association including Human Resources planning.
- Design innovative ideas and accessories, publications and products which will create brand equity of the association.
- Plan for research-based activities and conduct survey on different key issues related to NRNs – investment, foreign employment & migration, Citizenship and more.
- Check for legal obligations in every task, initiatives and documents where the NRNA is associated.
- Integrate information technology in day-to-day operation of association and encourage ICC and NCC members to use the MIS platform developed by NRNA
- Keep track and updates of the Information System and Platform that NRNA has created
- Manage Public Relation and Media outreach of the association.
- Finalize press releases and official statements and Report; Speech; Proposal Writing in English and Nepali.
- Act as linkage between ICC and Employees of the Secretariat.
- Develop capacity building of the Secretariat staff and motivate for achieving expected results as per the objectives of the Association.
- Ensure performance evaluation system of the secretariat staffs and motivate them to perform efficiently in workplace.
- Supervise the accounting policy and procedures as per the law of Nepal Government and apply finance control measures.
- Submit performance report of the secretariat to ICC through President and General Secretary.
- Notify and submit the yearly reports or documentations as stated in NRNA constitution to Nepal Government –Ministry of Foreign Affairs.
- Present overall administrative and secretariat’s view in different issues of NRNs and Association including initiatives, committees and Task Forces.
- Establish functional relationship with MoFA and other government Offices.
- Perform other tasks and jobs assigned by the President, General Secretary and IES.
- Coordinate to conduct national; regional and International thematic conferences in different levels.
- Coordinate and cooperation with Embassies and consulate offices of Nepal abroad.
- Doctorate or MPhil or Masters’ Degree in Humanities and Social Sciences, the field of General Management or Business Administration, or Entrepreneurship, Law
- 10 Years’ experience in the field of management, policy planning, development and humanitarian, administration or other relevant sectors.
- Excellent Communication (written and verbal) in English and Nepali Language
- Excellent Presentation, dialogue and Negotiation Skills
- Sound knowledge of National and International Policy, Law, Procedure and Practices.
- Excellent managerial and financial skills to lead any social organization.
- Prior experience of working with Government and national/international organizations.
- Experience on coordination to conduct national; regional and International thematic conferences in different levels.
- Experience on coordination and cooperation with Embassies and consulate offices of Nepal abroad.
- Age above 40 years.
Application Deadline: June 14, 2022
For Registered Candidate:
Login to https://p2p.com.np/ with your username and password, click on the job you want to apply for and press “APPLY” that appears on the selected job page.
For New Candidate:
Go to https://p2p.com.np/
Register/Create new account,
Use your newly created username and password to login
Click on the job you want to apply for
And press “APPLY” that appears on the selected job page.
If cover letter/ CV is not attached, a pop up will appear The pop up will direct to “MANAGE COVER LETTER/ CV” page where you can add/upload cover letter/ CV, then press “APPLY” at the bottom of the page.