Website Center for Entrepreneurship and Innovation
JOB OPPORTUNITY: Graphic Designer
JOB TYPE: Creative Professional
Responsible to: Program Manager
Job Description updated: June 20, 2022
CEI or Center for Entrepreneurship and Innovation is a not-for-profit organization registered under the Company Registration Act of Nepal in 2019. CEI works in various fields and sectors ranging from civic engagement, entrepreneurship, community development, literature preservation and promotion and partners with local bodies, institutions and like minded people to further our cause to make our organization as inclusive as possible. Our physical office is based in Baluwatar, Kathmandu.
CEI is currently looking for dynamic, young, entrepreneurial, and self-driven individuals to become our in-house Graphic Designer.
As the team’s Graphic Designer, you will be responsible for creating designs that will aid impactful projects that are run throughout the country. Your vision and creativity will help shape CEI’s vision and hopefully vice-versa. This job opportunity for experimentation in applying your skills for real world application.
Role and Responsibilities: Design and Communications
- Produce graphic art, visuals, and videos for promotion, awareness, information and instruction for various programs within CEI
- Innovative contribution in content design and creation including web pages, brochures, logos, signs, books, magazine covers, annual reports, advertisements, and other communication materials
- Support conceptualize and produce high-quality creative digital and print projects, campaigns and organization branding
- Ensure the technical aspects related to digital campaigns are in-line with supporting partners and donors
- Develop infographics using supplied data to present core messages and organize complex information into visual representations
- Create, compile and organize a digital library
- Meet and work with various project teams within CEI to gain an understanding of individual goals and strategy
- Oversee social media presence, and provide recommendations on process to effectively meet various campaign objectives
- Other relevant tasks as deemed necessary by the supervisor(s)
- 2-3 years professional experience in Graphic Designing roles
- Excellent understanding and eye for design, communication, outreach and public relations
- Proficient in the understanding and usage of design principles, and design apps
- Skilled in using Adobe Illustrator, In-Design and Photoshop, Canva and other design related software
- Skilled in Adobe Premier Pro and experience in making videos and motion graphics
- Excellent oral and written communications skills in English and Nepali, including digitally
- Demonstrated interest, understanding and/or work experience in social and civic innovation, politics, governance, citizen engagement, and related fields is preferred
- Have a growth mindset
- Prior experience working in professionally in the design field
- Impeccable organizational/time management skills
- Willing to learn and tackle problems under uncertainty through creativity, teamwork, and judgement
CEI will provide compensation on a monthly rate basis. The rate will be mutually agreed upon, commensurate with the level of deliverables, qualifications and experience of the candidate.
Note: People with disabilities, from historically marginalized communities, and female candidates are highly encouraged to apply.
The applicant should send their latest resume along with a portfolio of their work that makes the candidate eligible for this post to firstname.lastname@example.org
If you are selected for the next round of interview, we will contact you within a week of your application.