Website CBM Global Nepal
Livelihood Project Coordinator
CBM Global Nepal
CBM Global works alongside people with disabilities in the world’s poorest places to fight poverty and exclusion and transform lives. Drawing on over 100 years’ experience, we work with the most marginalised in society to break the cycle of poverty and disability and build inclusive communities where everyone can enjoy their human rights and fulfil their full potential. CBM initiated its work in Nepal since 1982 and supports a diverse mix of national partners engaged in Inclusive Eye and Ear Care, Rehabilitation, Education, and Social Inclusion of persons with disabilities.
Our Vision: an inclusive world in which all people with disabilities enjoy their human rights and achieve their full potential.
Our Mission: fighting to end the cycle of poverty and disability.
- We champion inclusion
- We strive for justice
- We pursue excellence
- We embrace partnership
- We live with integrity
Livelihood Project Coordinator
[Fixed term contract]
Programme Manager, CBM Global Nepal
The Livelihood Project Coordinator is responsible for the management and implementation of Inclusive Livelihood Project being funded by Standard Chartered in line with the CBM Global’s Strategy and CBM Nepal Country Strategy.
This project aims to improve the economic status of young people with disabilities affected by the COVID-19 pandemic in Banke District through entrepreneurship. Organization of persons with disabilities, Local government, vocational training centres and financial institutions will be the key direct stakeholders.
This position is responsible to oversee the project cycle management, partnership, partner capacity building with OPDs and local stakeholder, project budget, communications, reporting and M&E. S/he will act as a focal person for project implementation with partners and stakeholders on behalf of CBM Nepal. Line manager will facilitate for donor communication.
Based: This position is based in Kathmandu, with frequent travel to project location in Banke district.
Salary range: Competitive
Responsibilities and Duties
1. Project Management:
- Focal to lead and coordinate implementation of the project activities.
- Support project partner to plan various stages of project implementation and ensure smooth implementation of work plan activities.
- Guide implementation of the project and the methods of follow-up.
- Liaise with all internal and external counterparts of the project.
- Assess the activities undertaken and ensure efficient use of resources.
- Ensure that technical quality and standards are considered during project implementation.
- Collect technical information and analyse associated opportunities and risks.
- Ensure that security procedures are respected by each member of the project team.
- The PC will be responsible for managing partnerships. S/he will collaborate closely with partners specific for the project.
- Ensure partners and other stakeholders have a clear understanding of project goals, and inspire, support and motivate them to achieve envisioned goals.
- Participate in technical meetings to ensure visibility amongst local authorities; working groups involving NGOs and Standard Chartered Forum and all other inter-governmental institutions; and pass relevant information to the line manager.
- Communicate with partners as the first point of contact on behalf of CBM.
- Identify needs and organise training and capacity building for the partners in coordination with line manager including CBM UK.
3. Grant Management:
- Manage project finances in close coordination with Finance team at CBM Nepal country office.
- Guide and supervise project staff to prepare and follow work plans with each project member and partner organisation.
- Ensure all the reporting requirements are met for the project as per the agreement.
4. Monitoring and Evaluation, Accountability and Learning:
- Oversee the development and management of learning systems and ensure that learning is incorporated across project.
- The PC along with relevant project team from project implementation partner will be responsible for monitoring technical quality of program interventions, and accountability.
- Identify Best Practices and Lessons Learned. Collect stories and information and tools employed for project implementation and share as relevant to the country director and communications team.
5. Report Writing:
- Contribute to the creation of reports, ensuring the quality and accuracy of technical information provided as well as the confidentiality of internal information as required.
- Project reporting requirements: Set up a clear timeline of reports to be submitted to project Donor and CBM Global.
- Communicate systematically to the line manager and other project stakeholders on project progress and planning.
6. Technical capacity building:
- Ensure capacity building of partner organisation and technical staffs in the livelihood sectors.
- Develop training materials and train the partners on different aspects disability inclusion as and when appropriate in close collaboration with available resources in CBM and partners.
7. Humanitarian Action:
- In case of Emergency in the country and requirement of the organization you should be flexible to deploy in the emergency response management initiatives as per the requirement of the organization.
- Accountable for ensuring that all children and adults who come into contact with CBM’s programmes, are safeguarded to the greatest extent possible.
- Responsible for ensuring compliance to all aspects of the CBMG Safeguarding and Prevention of Sexual Exploitation, abuse and harassment policies and associated standards and procedures.
Key outcomes expected from this role
- Project implementation facilitated, working closely with the partners on project management and providing technical support on inclusive livelihood in community development
- Project delivered to an exemplary standard, meeting all targets as detailed in the project design.
- High quality reports submitted on time, meeting the needs of all stakeholders.
- Problems and challenges that arise in the project identified and addressed promptly, minimising impact upon project achievements.
- Project learning identified, documented and shared.
- Project strategy and implementation aligned to CBMG and Country Office Strategy.
- Effective collaboration with partners and other stakeholders ensuring smooth project implementation and achievement of project goals.
All of the following requirements are essential, unless marked with a * when they are desirable, and will be assessed from a combination of information provided from the application form and interview process.
CBM Global Nepal welcomes applicants from diverse backgrounds and people with lived experience of disability.
Experience and knowledge
- Demonstrated expertise as a Project Lead with a minimum of 5 years of experience, specifically in managing complex Livelihood project in I/NGOs.
- Experience leading collaborative efforts with multiple stakeholders—i.e., between other Standard Chartered, Project Partners, OPDs, INGOs, NGOs and Government.
- Fluency in Computer use (Microsoft word, Excel, PowerPoint, and internet).
- Good Communication Skills in English (oral & written);
- Knowledge of disability inclusion will be an asset.
- Flexible approach to work demands.
- Ability to work in teams and collaborate with staff at all levels;
- Willingness to learn, change and adapt;
- Cultural awareness and sensitivity.
- Self-professional management skill in little supervision.
- Master’s degree in livelihood/ social science/agriculture or any other related field.
- All full-time employees are entitled to the following benefits.
-10% Provident Fund and 10% Gratuity monthly contribution to the Social Security Fund.
-Festival Allowance equivalent to one month salary (on pro-rata basis).
-Leave entitlement of 18 days annual leave, 12 days sick leave and 3 days casual leave per year.
-Group Accidental Insurance equivalent to NPR.7,000,000.
-Medical Insurance to staff and immediate family equivalent to NPR.400,000.
-Mobile Phone with office number (monthly top-up provided).
- As part of its commitment to its work with people with disabilities, CBM Global Nepal aims to help successfully employ and retain people with disabilities and those with health conditions. We have a comprehensive equality and diversity policy.
Shortlisting and Interviews
CBM Global Nepal is an equal opportunities employer, committed to ensuring all applications are treated fairly.
All applications are subject to our shortlisting process; if you are shortlisted, we will contact you and invite you to attend an interview. You may have to complete a written test or any other skills test as part of the recruitment process.
Diversity Policy Statement
Our workplace promotes an inclusive and accessible environment that supports all staff to thrive, with provision of reasonable accommodation for employees with disabilities where needed.
We believe that the success of any organisation depends upon its people and their diverse abilities, skills, languages, cultures, and backgrounds. The greater diversity in the staffing of people with different lived experiences helps promote innovation, creativity, and smarter solutions to the constantly changing environments in which we work.
CBM Global Nepal is committed to the safety and best interest of all children and vulnerable adults accessing CBM Global supported services and programmes.
Relevant background checks including working with children, police and reference checks will be completed prior to the preferred candidate’s employment being confirmed.
All applicants must have the right to work in the country. All offers of employment are made subject to the following criteria: Proof of eligibility and satisfactory employment screening, and two to three references satisfactory to CBM Global Nepal.
How to apply
Closing date: 24 July 2022
Please follow this link to apply:
Kindly upload your completed application form and the Curriculum Vitae (no more than two pages) in our ATS system (link above). There is space on the Application Form to include a cover letter, so there is no need to provide a separate cover letter.
For any queries or confusion, please write to firstname.lastname@example.org
We look forward to receiving your application.
CBM Global Nepal
Milap Road, 620/29 Sanepa 2/KA, Lalitpur Municipality, Nepal
Tel: +977 1 5441090/91