Position: Category Head- Digital Goods
Department Name: Commercial
Work Experience: 1-3 years
State/Province: Province No.3
Zip/Postal Code: 44600
Launched in 2012, Daraz is South Asia’s online shopping and selling destination of choice present in Pakistan, Bangladesh, Sri Lanka, Myanmar and Nepal. Supported by a wide range of tailored marketing, data, and service solutions, the pioneering e-commerce ecosystem in South Asia has 30,000 sellers and 500 brands, serving 5 million consumers. With 2 million products available, Daraz offers a diverse assortment of products in categories ranging from consumer electronics to household goods, beauty, fashion, sports equipment, and groceries. Focused on providing an excellent customer experience, it offers multiple payment methods including cash-on-delivery, comprehensive customer care and hassle-free returns. Daraz is owned by Alibaba Group Holding Limited.
Category Head- Digital Goods will drive the digital goods commercial category on Daraz. This includes all types of vouchers, e-tickets etc across various industry ranging from travel & tours to restaurants, retail stores etc. Digital Channel Manager will be responsible for identifying and acquiring strategically important sellers and working with them to grow their business by planning various onsite activities in coordination with the marketing teams.
- Ability to think strategically, get quick wins without losing sight of long term goals
- Be able to create business cases to take calculated risks
- Be organized and have the ability to prioritize tasks under pressure and not get bogged down
- Should be comfortable giving presentations and dealing with business owners and senior leadership in organizations of all sizes
- Deal with corporate institutions such as Airlines, Telcos, ISPs, Cable Operators etc. and make joint business plans
- Experience of 2+ years in B2B/institutional sales (preferably in travel sector). Work Experience in a renowned travel agency preferably in sales, with a demonstrable track record of achieving targets will be an added advantage.
- Strong existing links with various stakeholders in the travel sector would be a major advantage.
- Excellent Decision Making, Analytical skills and Communication skills required. Must be Data Driven.
- Should have an initiative approach.
- Firm grasp over English and should be comfortable creating proposals or presentation slides as per the requirement.
- Should be eager to take ownership, make common-sense decisions, and be accountable.
- Ability to drive business like an entrepreneur and think like one is required.
- An international working environment in a start-up setting, and the unique opportunity to learn from industry leaders, including Lazada and Alibaba teams.
- Work closely with country and group level management to build e-commerce in Nepal.
- Hands-on experience in leading a team and growing a business.
- Rigorous training and exposure in team management, leadership, online marketing, business analytics and operations.
- Five days working week (Monday to Friday)
- Benefit Package: Social Security Fund, Fuel Expenses, Employee Discount Voucher, Mobile top ups and data pack, Accidental Insurance, Medical Insurance, Full annual health check-up
To apply for this job please visit recruit.zohopublic.com.