Organization: Care Nepal
Position: Campaign, Alliance and Movement Building Specialist
Responsibility Level/Grade : Specialist (5)
Department/Project/PN : Gender Justice and Access to Health & Education Right
Incumbent’s Name : Vacant
Work Station : Central Office
Supervisor/Principal Evaluator : Program Coordinator (GJ-HER)
As a leading development organization, CARE strives to develop a strong knowledge base on effective strategies and approaches, generate evidence of impact, and build strategic partnerships for technical development, scale-up and advocacy. The Campaigning, Alliance and Movement Building Specialist is part of a team whose mandate is to generate, harvest, cross-fertilize and promote the practical application of knowledge and learning about gender-transformative approaches to poverty reduction throughout CARE’s programming in girls’ right and leadership development.
Primary responsibility for this position includes alliance and movement building to amplify the voices of girls for effective policy advocacy through allies and platforms. In addition, this position will take responsibilities to establish coordination forums within and outside of CARE, negotiating with power holders on girl’s rights, developing advocacy platform and aligning with Government, Civil Societies, Think Tanks and Law Makers. The specialist will also lead the amplification of CARE Nepal’s campaign initiatives linked to Tipping Point III at local and national levels and work collaboratively with the technical leads to design and implement relevant advocacy agenda in line with TP III theories of change.
The employee shall fully comply with CARE policies and procedures and should be accountable for it.
MAJOR RESPONSIBILITIES AND TASKS:
R1. Design, Planning and Implementation
• Work with the Program Coordinator for the overall designing, implementation and quality assurance of the campaigning and alliance building work.
• Provide support to design, plan and develop criteria to determine which alliances and networks are effective to build platform for girls to raise their voices.
• Facilitate to select the right alliance in coordination with partnership and networking specialist on the basis of criteria developed mutually by the team
• In coordination with the program and partner staff, take lead in the development of new and review of existing resource material for facilitating girls to amplify their voices.
• Identify, compile, review and develop new and innovative materials that contribute to raise voice and choices of adolescent girls that empower them in identifying and utilizing their rights
• Work with the Program Coordinator on the annual budget plan and analysis for the interventions.
R2. Alliance and networking
• Mapping the issues of girls and prioritizing the issues for movements and networking to influence stakeholders including law makers.
• Identify root causes of the barriers for the girls and develop advocacy strategies in line with overall program goal mobilizing networks, alliances and platforms.
• Facilitate mentor and mentees sessions between women right organizations and girl’s right forums for aligning the movement objectives of women and adolescent girls.
• Work with alliances and networking to influencing for policy development or effective policy implementations by harvesting the learnings of the different programs, secondary information and evaluations.
• Create an enabling environment together with partner for adolescent girls to raise campaign against social injustice and discrimination
• Participate and act as a mentor throughout the planning and implementation processes.
R3. Monitoring, Evaluation, Learning (MEL) and Documentation
• Work closely with MEL staff to support in the development of a participatory monitoring and evaluation (M&E) system for the adolescent girls’ initiative on social norms.
• Collect, prepare and disseminate case studies on social norms and best practices to relevant stakeholders
• Review and provide input on the periodic progress and donor reports
R4. Coordination and Collaboration
• Play a proactive role in building support and sustaining linkage of partners and alliance with relevant issue based network.
• Establish strong coordination mechanism among alliances, networks and implementing partners.
• Contribute timely and appropriate reporting to the concern authority. R5. Upholding CARE’s Core values and ensuring its principles
• Link and demonstrate CARE Nepal’s core values, programming principles, strategic objects, gender equity and equality in programming and behaviors
• Comply and exercise organizational values and culture
• Help to promote rights and good governance
• Responsible for gender responsive behavior in all actions and decisions
Spending authority: NA
Working conditions: Based in Kathmandu with 25% field visits
PERSON SPECIFICATION REQUIREMENT:
• Master’s degree in Gender Studies, Development Studies, Education and other relevant courses in humanities Experience:
• Minimum of three years’ experiences on advocacy, campaigning and movement building on girls’ rights. The incumbent should have capacity to develop advocacy based strategy papers, designing campaigns and strengthening alliances and movement and establishing partnerships with government, CSOs and private sector stakeholders.
• At least three years of proven experiences in policy advocacy and campaigns, developing learning products and policy briefs, partnership building, ensuring linkages of local actions to national, regional and international level policy processes.
• Experienced in mobilizing and strengthening alliances and movements
• Experienced in multi sectoral influencing process for women and girls rights.
• Experienced in negotiating with power holders, facilitating advocacy workshop and designing movements. Skills and knowledge and competencies:
• Good interpersonal, communication, negotiation and facilitation skills
• Good in maintaining public relation
• Good skills in designing and conducting discussion sessions
• Excellent verbal and written language skills in both English and Nepali
• Good reporting skills
• Good knowledge of the political context and key policies relating to women’s and girls’ rights
• Good in maintaining relation with the people of diverse background
• Good in understanding gender dynamics
• Committed to gender equality
• Strategic thinking
• Strong team player
• Ability to work under pressure
• Computer skills, including knowledge of relevant software
Last date to apply: 5 November 2020