Business and Market Promotion Specialist
DanChurchAid is an independent and humanitarian Danish organisation with a vision of a world without hunger, poverty and oppression, in which popular and political powers constantly work strongly and actively for a just and sustainable distribution and use of the earth’s resources. We have been supporting development work in Nepal since the 1980s. We focus on Fight extreme inequality, Save lives, Build resilient communities and Climate change to improve the life of the most marginalized communities in some of the most remote and vulnerable regions of Nepal, through a rights-based approach.
DCA Nepal is looking for an experienced and motivated candidate for the position of Business and Market Promotion Specialist to manage and support the ADHAR project in Kailali and Bardiya districts. This is a 3-year project lasting till December 2024. The project enhances the livelihood opportunities for poor and marginalised households in Gauriganga & Kailari municipalities of Kailali and Barbardiya municipality of Bardiya districts through access to market, food, water and sanitation. The project will support to strengthen the market system of goat, vegetables, poultry and fish for smallholder and marginalised households.
The position Business and Market Promotion Specialist holder will be based either at Kailali or Bardiya and reports to Programme Manager-Resilient livelihood at Country Office. S/He will provide technical and strategic support for business planning, market promotion, entrepreneurship development, and value chain development with sub-sector analysis to our partners, cooperatives, producer groups and the entrepreneurs to strengthen the market system in the municipalities.
S/He will work closely with Programme, MEAL and funding team in the preparation and timely delivery of relevant reports on project implementation status and against outcomes. S/He will also support the communications team to produce communication materials, testimonies, case studies including success stories about the project. S/He will support partners to engage with provincial and local government for resource leverage and successful implementation of the project and participate in Palika and provincial level meetings of government, I/NGOs and private sector to build synergy in the project implementation.
Key responsibilities include:
- Provide technical and strategic frameworks on enterprise development, business planning, market promotion and value chain development to partner organizations, producer organizations and enterprises.
- Support partners, producer organizations and entrepreneurs in preparing TORs and memorandum of understandings with the local government and private sector stakeholders.
- Support partners, cooperatives, and enterprises in developing annual plans and budgets, business plans and business performance indicators in the identified value chains and facilitating loan management with financial institutions.
- Capacity building of partners and that of cooperatives and enterprises on market-based livelihood intervention design and business promotion interventions ensuring they achieve the sales, profitability and loan repayments in their business.
- Prepare and submit regular report on project implementation status and outcome of the project.
- Prepare and submit the case stories and success stories of the project.
- Ensure the quality of the data collected by partners and support them in developing log frame and MEAL plan of the project.
- Support partners to engage with provincial and local government for resource leverage and successful implementation of the project.
- Participate in Palika and Provincial level meetings of government, I/NGOS and private sectors to build synergy in the project implementation.
What you bring:
- At least have Bachelor’s degree in Economics, Business Management, Agriculture Economics, Project Management or relevant course, preferably with a specialization in Agriculture and Livestock sector market promotion and value-chain development with minimum of 3 years of work experience in Livestock and agriculture markets, value chain development preferably with INGOs.
- Have strong abilities in agricultural markets and value chain development, business planning and promotion techniques; and understanding about market system change.
- Have strong abilities to monitor and facilitates the cooperatives business planning, governance and financial management.
- Proficiency in professional writing and communication in English
- Fluency in spoken and written Nepali language
- Proficiency in data analysis skills and report writing
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Good analytical and research skills
- Good command over report writing in English
- Good computer knowledge and applications skills
- Strong planning and organizational skills with knowledge on Project Cycle Management
- Self-motivation, creativity and an ability to perform with less supervision
What we offer
- A one-year renewable contract until project period
- A competitive salary and benefits package
- Learning and development opportunities
- An opportunity to make a difference and improve the lives of communities DCA is working with in Nepal
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment.
Qualified and interested candidates irrespective of age, gender, race, religion or ethnic affiliation are encouraged to apply for this vacancy.
Please click on APPLY NOW button at the end of this vacancy announcement to apply.
Only applications consisting of the below will be considered:
Cover Letter (max 1 page),
CV (max 3 pages), and
Answers provided to the online-application questions
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Closing date for applications will be Friday, 3rd December 2021
DCA conducts an anti-terror check as part of the recruitment process. It is a prerequisite that you can pass this check and maintain this status throughout your employment with us.
Everyone applying for a job with DCA must be ready to comply with our Staff Policy on Prevention of Sexual Exploitation, Abuse and Harassment and our Child Safeguarding Policy.
Telephone inquiry will not be entertained