Website Panagora Group
Panagora Group is a woman-owned small business (WOSB) providing novel and integrated solutions in international development, including in monitoring, evaluation and learning (MEL) and global health Our goal is to provide innovative solutions that build national capacity and promote sustainability through robust local participation and capacity building, using highly integrated and private sector solutions. Throughout our work, we embrace a virtuous circle of knowledge stewardship, collaborative learning, and application of evidence to heighten and accelerate positive health and development outcomes.
Panagora Group seeks an experienced bookkeeper for the anticipated five (5)-year USAID/Nepal Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning (MEL) Activity. The MEL Activity will provide USAID/Nepal with technical and advisory services for monitoring; evaluations; research, assessments, and data analysis; geographic information services (GIS); and collaborating, learning, and adapting (CLA) activities.
This is a long-term position based in Kathmandu, Nepal expected to start in Fall 2021.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Enter expenses in Panagora’s financial accounting system, Deltek Costpoint
- Ensure that all invoices are paid on time and that invoices agree with supporting documentation, including price quotes, purchase requests, purchase orders, timesheets, and that contractual documents are in accordance with Panagora and USAID procedures for procurement
- Ensure that expenses are correctly allocated to different project codes
- Prepare country activity travel advances, process travel claims, and work with program staff to resolve accounting-related issues
- Prepare bank reconciliations for NPR and USD currency accounts
- Prepare monthly and mid-monthly payroll and related third-party deductions
- Ensure all transactions are captured and completed in the financial accounting system for the month, through reconciliation process
- Prepare year-end schedules and reconciliations
- Support audit preparations and timely response to audit requests
- Maintain records and file documents
- Minimum secondary school with some collegiate or technical training; bachelor’s degree in accounting, or equivalent qualification preferred
- Minimum one and a half (1.5) years of financial management and/or accounting
- Knowledge of USAID (or other U.S. agency) financial and procurement rules and regulations a plus
- Proficiency with MS Office Suite; competency with CostPoint and Microsoft Excel preferred
- Attention to detail with accuracy and reliability as key drivers of success
- Fluency in written and spoken Nepali; good working knowledge of written and spoken English
- Must be authorized to work in Nepal
Reports to: F & A Manager
To Apply: Fill out the online application. Please include a cover letter and resume. Applications without a cover letter will not be considered.
No telephone inquiries, please. Finalists will be contacted. Only applicants who include the required application components will be considered.
Panagora Group is an equal opportunity employer and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
*Note: Panagora does not offer visa sponsorship at this time.
To apply for this job please visit panagoragroup.zohorecruit.com.