Website Asian Development Bank
General Service Staff (Driver)
The ADB-Nepal Resident Mission (NRM) was established to assist its Headquarters in the implementation of projects and programs, in project processing, country programming and economic and sector work. It also coordinates ADB’s activities with other resident diplomatic and donor missions, NGOs, academic institutions, local think tanks, private sector and other members of the civil society.
The contract will be until 30 June 2023, with the possibility of further extension.
- Supervisor: Designated senior National Staff and Administrative Staff
Description of Responsibilities:
To provide reliable and safe driving services to ADB staff and visitors ensuring highest standards of discretion and integrity, sense of responsibility, excellent knowledge of driving regulations and local condition, protocol and security issues.
Specific criteria include
- Suitability to undertake the responsibilities mentioned above at the required level
- Completion of Secondary Level Education (Class 10)
- Valid driving licenses (4 wheel and motorbike)is a must
- At least 3 years of work experience is required. Related experience in international agencies will be an advantage.
- Knowledge of driving rules and regulations is mandatory
- Skills in minor vehicle repairs
- Must possess excellent driving skills on and off the road including field driving experiences
- Knowledge of routes, road situation, government offices and driving experience in Kathmandu Valley. Knowledge of the ADB project sites will be an asset
- Good knowledge of English and Nepali languages
- Willing to work extra hours in off-hours, weekends and holidays
- Able to work collaboratively with teams as a constructive team member
- Ability to work with minimum supervision and maintain composure under pressure
The Asian Development Bank’s vision is a region free of poverty. Established in 1966 and headquartered in Manila, Philippines, ADB’s multicultural staff come from about 68 members. The vacancy is a local position with local remuneration package. It is open to national and permanent residents of Nepal.
For further information on ADB, please visit www.adb.org
Send application quoting Ref. No. Contract-2022-1-NRM by 2 September 2022 to:
Nepal Resident Mission
Asian Development bank
Metro Park Building
Lazimpat, Ward No. 2
P.O. Box 5017, Kathmandu, Nepal
Fax: +977 1 4005137
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Applications lacking the job reference number and job title or using the wrong e-mail address will not be considered.
Source: Kantipur Daily, 19 August 2022