ARH Services and Quality Assurance Specialist
Job ID: 2022-4724
Category: International Positions
Employment Status: Full-Time
Location: Madhesh Province (Janakpurdham), Karnali Province (Surkhet)
USAID Adolescent Reproductive Health (ARH) is an adolescent co-led initiative to empower girls and boys, 10-19 years and including the most marginalized, to attain their adolescent reproductive health (ARH) rights. The goal of the project is to support adolescents to reach their full potential by; ensuring they receive correct and appropriate reproductive health (RH) information and guidance to decision-making skills, creating an environment conductive to making healthy reproductive health decisions and facilitating translation of these decisions into healthy behaviors. The project will operate over a five-year period.
The ARH Service & Quality Assurance Specialist will provide technical leadership in the areas of family planning (FP) and reproductive health (RH) with specific focus on ARH Service and Quality Assurance for the project at province level. The two provincial positions will support successful implementation of ARH Project activities, with one position supporting Madhesh Province (41 municipalities), and the second position supporting Lumbini Province (12 municipalities) and Karnali Province (7 municipalities).
The position will operate under the leadership of the ARH Service and Quality Assurance Coordinator/Advisor and will help ensure the technical and methodological soundness of the project activities. The successful candidate will work from the ARH Project Provincial Office and report into the project provincial office for daily operations. In collaboration with project team and partners, the position will support implementation of ARH project technical and service delivery strategies based on evidence, best practices and lessons learned.
Location: Madhesh Province (Janakpurdham), Karnali Province (Surkhet)
These positions are open to Nepali nationals only.
Program Planning, Implementation and Quality Assurance
- Ensure technical quality of appropriate project activities and integration of gender-transformative and adolescent-responsive strategies
- Ensure a deep understanding of ARH project approaches, relevant technical evidence and thinking around adolescent health programming over the life of project. Ensure program activities align with the latest approaches, evidence and thinking around adolescent health programming.
- Apply, and adapt as needed, ARH project approaches to ensure a Total Market Approach in the design and implementation of services is responsive to the needs of adolescents.
- In close coordination with government and other stakeholders, provide technical assistance for strengthening QA/QI and training systems for ARH at the province level and within municipalities, including: conducting site assessments; strengthening QA/QI systems (including accreditation/certification); in-service training and/or pre-service education; mentorship; and supportive supervision
- Lead the formulation of innovative approaches for scale up of adolescent-responsive FP/RH services and quality assurance.
- Develop and/or update / adapt evidence-based training materials, standards, job aids, and curricula, supervisory systems needed for implementation of the Project to meet the needs of the province, municipalities and specific and target groups―in consideration of national Government of Nepal guidelines, training packages and strategies.
- Provide strategic input and recommendations for effective implementation of project activities as well as needed adaptations as per the learnings from gaps in quality service provision.
- Provide technical guidance on the development of the project strategic plan, work plan, and project monitoring, in close collaboration with project leadership
Reporting and Documentation
- Document successes, lessons learned and challenges in implementation as well as reports of project activities and results for the project and donor, including routine quarterly and annual reports and other reporting requirements as requested
Capacity Enhancement of Service Providers and Youth on ARH
- Provide mentoring and capacity building at the individual, facility and organizational level in specific areas of expertise including but not limited to:
-Adolescent-responsive health services
-Facility and provider readiness
- Work with health care providers, local authorities, community members, adolescents and other key stakeholders to identify and address clinical, community-based service delivery issues that impede access to care and uptake of services
- Identify and implement appropriate facility- and community-based strategies to address adolescent FP/RH service delivery gaps
- Identify training needs for clinical and community healthcare providers and assist in the design and implementation of measures to address those needs
Coordination and Liaison
- Respectfully engage with adolescents, including priority sub-populations within the project, as critical stakeholders who are engaged throughout project design, implementation and monitoring.
- Maintain excellent relationships with CARE, other consortium partners and in-country stakeholders and develop rapid responses
- Respectfully work with all types of adolescents to be reached by the project to ensure they actively participate in project activity design, implementation and monitoring
- Coordinate at the provincial level within the ARH project team and with external stakeholders on advocacy, demand generation, and policy support, as required
- Actively participate in relevant technical advisory/working groups and professional forums representing the project and Jhpiego
- A Medical Degree (doctor or nursing), and Master of Public Health preferred
- At least 5 years’ experience implementing and/or providing technical assistance in FP/RH and adolescent health donor-funded projects
- Demonstrated experience training clinical and community-based healthcare workers on adolescent health, FP and RH
- Demonstrated experience providing capacity building assistance at individual and organizational levels
- Experience working on performance and quality improvement and strengthening service delivery projects, including training; and ensuring relevant project monitoring and evaluation activities are fulfilled
- Demonstrated experience strengthening adolescent-responsive FP/RH service delivery at the regional, national, clinical and community-level
- Demonstrated in-depth understanding of Nepal’s healthcare system, particularly the public health system in the new federal context.
- Experience engaging beneficiaries particularly adolescents in programming, activity design and M&E activities desirable
- Expertise in knowledge management and research to practice—identifying and adapting best practices to specific project contexts
- Excellent verbal, written interpersonal and presentation skills in English and Nepali.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office
- Ability to travel nationally to project sites; previous experience working in Madhesh, Lumbini and Karnali Province.
Our consortium has a strong commitment to Inclusion and Diversity. We have a zero-tolerance policy on fraud and corruption, sexual harassment, exploitation, abuse and child abuse.
Preference will be given for equity, inclusion, and diversity considerations and those from marginalized groups. Women are highly encouraged to apply.
Jhpiego offers competitive salaries and a comprehensive employee benefits package.
Applicants must submit a single document for upload to include: cover letter, resume, references, and salary history.
For further information about Jhpiego, visit our website at www.jhpiego.org
Note: The successful candidate selected for this position will be subject to a pre-employment background investigation.
Jhpiego is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer
To apply for this job please visit jobs-jhpiego.icims.com.