Website ANSAB Nepal
ANSAB is a civil society organization that has been working for biodiversity conservation and livelihoods improvement across South Asia for three decades. It places community empowerment and economic incentives at the heart of its approach, and has been consistently evolving, consolidating, institutionalizing and advancing the approaches and strategies for the promotion of community-based enterprises and value chains, natural resources management and biodiversity conservation, enabling policy environment and multi-stakeholders.
ANSAB is currently seeking young, energetic and career-oriented four field-based staff to implement an anticipated project in Karnali Province. Detail of the positions with responsibilities, essential skills and qualifications are given below.
Project Coordinator – 1 (Surkhet)
- Responsible for timely implementation to achieve the project outputs – i) increase the production and productivity of farm, ii) strengthen green and fair value chain and iii) develop and disseminate knowledge products incl success stories, implementation processes and training materials;
- Coordinate the project team, partners and manage stakeholders at Provincial and district levels- mainly the local government bodies, Agriculture Knowledge Center and private sectors;
- Identify climate smart technology (CSA) and support agriculture technicians to demonstrate the technologies;
- Organize and facilitate provincial and district level meetings, workshop, and training activities on CSA;
- Ensure the proper implementation of the project in all clusters;
- Represent ANSAB and the project at Province and districts;
- Prepare periodic progress reports at project level.
Agriculture Technician/Officer – 3 (Surkhet, Dailekh And Humla)
- Identify farmers’ groups in the project area and assess the capacity gaps on climate smart technology (CSA) and agri-business;
- Provide Training of Trainers to local resource persons (LRPs) and mobilize them in group level training;
- Organize and facilitate meetings, workshop, and training activities;
- Demonstrate CSA production and post-harvest handling technologies in agriculture;
- Implement the project in close coordination with local government bodies, Agriculture Knowledge Center and private sector technology providers; and
- Provide periodic progress reports at cluster level to the Project Coordinator.
Qualifications and Skills
- Masters in relevant discipline with B. Sc. in Agriculture with 2 years of relevant experience (Project Coordinator); Intermediate of Agriculture with 4 years of relevant experience or B.Sc. in Agriculture with 2 years of relevant experience (Agriculture Technician/ Officer)
- Understanding of Climate Smart Agriculture principles and practices;
- Experience in training delivery to farmers’ groups;
- Excellent communication and written skills in Nepali and English;
- Ability to plan and prioritize work under pressure and tight deadlines;
- Good computer skills including MS Words and Excel; and
- Motorbike riding skill with valid driving license.
Qualified candidates meeting the above requirements may apply by sending updated curriculum vitae, cover letter, two references and expected gross salary to email address email@example.com clearly mentioning the position applying in the subject line by July 17, 2022.
ANSAB is an equal opportunity employer and doesn’t discriminate any applicant with regards to caste, race, color, or religion. Priority will be given to the candidates from the project area, women and disadvantaged groups without compromising the merits and ability to perform the tasks efficiently and effectively.
Only short-listed candidates will be invited for written test and interview. No telephone enquiries will be entertained.