Website ANSAB Nepal
ANSAB is currently seeking qualified, dynamic and result oriented candidate for the following position for a “Nature Conservation and Agroforestry Production in Rural Communities” project being implemented in Kawasoti Municipality, Madhyabindu Municipality, Binayi Tribeni Rural Municipality and Hupsekot Rural Municipality in Nawalpur district.
Duty station: Nawalpur
Duration: 2 years
Required number: 1
Major roles and responsibilities:
The agriculture officer will work towards promoting adoption of organic farming practices in the project area.
- Organize farmers into groups and group enterprises
- Organize and facilitate field level meetings, workshop, group discussion, and training activities on organic farming practices
- Train farmers on the preparation and use of organic fertilizer and and pest management applications
- Support farmers groups to develop an internal control system (ICS) and other documentation required for later certification
- Support development of toolkits on soil conditioning and organic input preparation and application, and on cultivation practices for the select commercially important cultivated MAP species
- Facilitate enterprises for quality production and marketing
Qualification and skills:
- Minimum Bachelors’ degree in Agriculture with two years of work experience in organic agriculture or ecological agriculture field
- Good understanding on the socio-economic and environmental issues of Nepalese agriculture, specifically in the project area
- Excellent interpersonal and written communication skills in English and Nepali
- Coordinate with local schools, local level government and civil society organizations to enhance synergy to the project
- Ability to plan and prioritize work under pressure and tight deadlines
- Good computer skills including MS Words and Excel
- Two-wheeler valid driving license
Qualified candidates meeting the above requirements may apply by sending updated curriculum vitae, cover letter, two references and expected gross salary to email address: firstname.lastname@example.org clearly mentioning the position applying in the subject line by June 12, 2022.
Residents from the project districts or candidates with prior working experience in the district will be given priority for the positions. Candidates from Kawasoti Municipality, Madhyabindu Municipality, Binayi Tribeni Rural Municipality and Hupsekot Rural Municipality are strongly encouraged to apply. Special emphasis will be given to female candidates from Nawalpur district.
ANSAB is an equal opportunity employer and doesn’t discriminate any applicant with regards to gender, caste, race, color, or religion.