Website Animal Health Training and Consultancy Service (AHTCS)
Animal Health Training and Consultancy Service (AHTCS), a service oriented, non-profit making national NGO officiated in Pokhara that works in the areas of animal health and management, equine welfare, influencing, community development, veterinary research, and training to poor, marginalized and needy farmers all over the country. The AHTCS invites application from the dynamic, qualified and highly motivated Nepali citizen for the following position:
Executive Director (level 11)
The position is based in Pokhara with visits to the field in more than 19 working districts. The major responsibility of executive director will be to
1. Assure that the organization has a long-range strategy which achieves its mission, and toward which it makes consistent and timely progress.
2. Develop and/or maintain strategic relationships with relevant stakeholders to promote effective coordination, collaboration, and dissemination of program learning.
3. Provide technical support and strategic leadership for on people management, mentoring, coaching and guiding on technical as well as in Management aspects.
4. Provide leadership in developing program, organizational and financial plans with the Executive Committee and staff, and carry out plans and policies.
5. Ensure that job descriptions are developed, that regular performance evaluations are held, and that sound human resource practices are in place.
6. Develop and implement annual plan and budget, take approval from the EC and implement effectively.
7. Execute and monitor day to day delivery of the programs and services of the organization to maintain or improve quality.
8. Liaise with donors, national and international cooperation partners.
9. Collaborate closely with the Nepal government’s concerned department for timely approvals of the program and projects and seek necessary supports from the stakeholders.
10. Represent the AHTCS in all relevant meetings, activities, events and make presentation as necessary.
11. Collaboration and acting as a professional advisor to the executive committee on all aspects of the organization’s activities
12. Communication with Government, Stakeholders and development partners on behalf of organization.
13. Take lead role on exploring funding sources from external as well as internal donors, oversee the development of fundraising plans and write funding proposals to increase the fund of the organization.
14. Other responsibilities as outlined in the job description.
- Master’s degree preferably Ph.D. in Veterinary Science, or Animal Science.
- At least 7 years’ experiences in administrative management, donor relation, research and development, project management and reporting.
- Preference will be given to the person having working experience in livestock sector development.
- Sound experience in human resource and project management.
- Excellent interpersonal and networking skills.
- Should have sound project cycle management skills.
- Excellent spoken and written English and adequate computer skills.
TOR for this position can be found here:
Interested candidates, who meet the above-mentioned criteria, may submit an application along with recently updated CV, name of three references, recently taken passport sized photo, and cover letter with expected salary and benefits no later than 5:00 pm October 31, 2022, to:
AHTCS, P.O. Box 419, Kaski, Pokhara
at email: firstname.lastname@example.org
“Only shortlisted candidates will be notified for further process”