Organization: Winrock International- KISAN II Project
Position: Agriculture Production Management Expert
Number of Vacancies: 1
Job Location: Kathmandu
REPORTS TO: Business and Market Systems Director
The USAID/Nepal-funded KISAN II project is improving food security in twenty-five Hill and Terai districts in Bagmati province, Province 5, Karnali province and Sudur Paschim province of the country . The purpose of the project is to increase resilience, inclusiveness, and sustainability of income growth in the Feed the Future Zone of Influence. KISAN II will help lead firms, input suppliers, and private actors to catalyze agricultural productivity, competitive market systems, access to finance, a stronger enabling environment, and business and literacy skills for households in two zones of influence.
The consultant will work directly with Safe Food Alliance Nepal (SFAN) to develop Safe Food Alliance Nepal (SFAN) production guidelines. Subsequently, the consultant will orient the member of SFAN and government representatives about the Safe Food Alliance Nepal Production Guidelines. The position demands high engagement with producers and learning how they are implementing various production practices (IPM, ICM, Nepal GAP and Organic).
SFAN is a not for profit sharing private company working on facilitating Safe Food Market System Management along their supply chain (farm to market).
• Develop Safe Food Alliance Nepal Production Guideline that is in line with the minimum requirements necessary to attain Nepal GAP certification.
• Orient the member of Safe Food Alliance Nepal and government representatives about the Safe Food Alliance Production Guidelines.
LEVEL OF EFFORT
25 days stretched over 3 months.As of USAID compliance, Consultant is expected/allowed to work 6 days a week. For official travel and stay (means of transportation, lodging, per diem) will be applicable/paid as per KISAN II norms in addition to daily rate.
The consultant will report to Business and Market System Director, KISAN II
QUALIFICATION and SKILLS
• Bachelor’s level degree in agriculture or relevant field.
• Master’s level degree in Agri-business Management is preferred.
• Adequate experience in providing training of trainers (ToT) on at least two different production practices
- Integrated Crop Management (ICM)
- Integrated Pest Management (IPM)
- Nepal Good Agriculture Practices (Nepal GAP)
- Organic Production Practices
- Participatory Guarantee System (PGS) with focus on internal quality assurance system at producer level
- Adequate experience in providing technical backstopping and guidance to agriculture enterprises.
- In depth understanding of safe food production from global, national and local perspective.
- Good written English and report writing ability.
Consultant will have to provide list of 10 farmers and 3 agri-enterprises for reference regarding technical backstopping provided by the consultant.
Issuance of this notice does not obligate Winrock International to award a Consultancy Service, nor will Winrock International pay any costs associated with the preparation or submission of application. Furthermore, Winrock International reserves the right to reject any and all applications, if such action is considered to be in the best interest of Winrock International. The consultancy service is contingent upon donor approval.
Last date to apply: July 19, 2020.
Applicants should submit:
• Application letter
• Expected gross daily rate (copy of VAT certificate is must if the total consultancy value exceeds NRs. 500,000)
• Consultant will have to provide list of 10 farmers and 3 agri-enterprises for reference regarding technical backstopping provided by the consultant.
• Copy of contract/agreement, or other proof of documents of two latest assignments.
HOW TO APPLY
Interested candidates can post the required documents to eoi.KISAN@winrock.org with in July 19, 2020. Applicants should reference Consultant-Agriculture Production Management Expert in the subject line. Applications received after the stipulated date will not be entertained.