Company: KfW Development Bank
KfW Development Bank is the financial cooperation implementing agency for German Development Cooperation and is headquartered in Frankfurt, Germany.
KfW Entwicklungsbank Nepal Office, working in the focal areas of renewable energy/energy efficiency, health and sustainable economic development under the German Development Cooperation, is seeking a suitable candidate for the post of Admin-Finance/IT Officer.
Position: Admin-Finance/ IT Officer
Number of Vacancies: 1
Job Location: Kathmandu, Nepal
Required Qualifications and Experience:
• Candidate must have MBA or MS in Management or related fields from a recognized university
• At least 3 years of experience in business administration/financial management and preferably in the field of development cooperation (but not more than 7 years) is required
• Excellent oral and written communication skills in both Nepali and English
• Excellent people skills with an ability to work with cross-cultural teams o Strong skills on Microsoft Office Application Package
• Manage administration and finance of the local office consisting of a small team of 3 persons
• Providing support to Office IT in close coordination with Headquarters in Frankfurt
• Providing support in preparation of visits from Headquarters and related German Agencies
• Providing support to Local Experts in the implementation of Financial Cooperation Projects in Nepal
• Assist Head of Office in the day-to-day operations of the Kathmandu Office
The Administrative/Finance/IT Local Expert is a newly created position at the KfW Kathmandu Büro. The incumbent will be part of a small office team that subscribes to openness, collaboration and cooperation amongst the staff with mutual respect & understanding and maintains a positive office environment.
The following list of duties is intended to describe the various types of work activities that need to be performed but not intended to be an all-inclusive list of duties. The omission of a specific duty statement does not exclude it
from the position if the work is consistent with the general duty of the position. The position reports to Head of Office, KfW Kathmandu Büro.
Duties and responsibilities Administrative & Account/Finance:
• Manage general day to day office administrative works
• Arrange logistics for the office including those required for project managers, consultants and others visiting from KFW Headquarters and relevant institutions from abroad
• Maintain HR related records for the office
• Manage all service contracts concluded by KFW Kathmandu Büro
• Travel settlement for all in KFW Kathmandu Büro
• Preparing annual and monthly budget plan
• Day to day cash management for office operations
• Handle all office payments including staff salary, tax deposition, rental payments and others
• Maintaining all vouchers and book of accounts for the office including the bookkeeping tasks: monthly
entries into the internal book-keeping system and closing of the accounts at the end of the year
• Coordinate with IT department in KFW Frankfurt for meeting all IT compliance with support from local IT consultants
• Follow KFW guidelines for all IT works at office and maintain the IT inventory
• Promptly communicate with IT Frankfurt, local consultant, Internet service provider for resolving any IT problems
• Support local experts in project related matters including attending sectoral meetings/workshops as and when requested. It is envisioned that the incumbent will take on an independent charge of the project in due course of time.
Last date to apply: January 27, 2019.
HOW TO APPLY
Interested candidates are requested to post by email their application with CV, two references and a recent photograph to KfW.Kathmandu@kfw.de by January 27, 2019. Only shortlisted candidates will be called for a written exam.
Successful candidate will be on an initial one-year contract with a three-month probation period. Remuneration will be competitive and in line with the qualifications. Women are encouraged to apply. Expected date of start is April 1, 2019.
KfW reserves the right to cancel or postpone the recruitment process without assigning any reasons whatsoever.