Admin Associate (Trainee) in DCA Nepal
DanChurchAid is an independent and humanitarian Danish organisation with a vision of a world without hunger, poverty and oppression, in which popular and political powers constantly work strongly and actively for a just and sustainable distribution and use of the earth’s resources. We have been supporting development work in Nepal since the 1980s. We focus on Fight extreme inequality, Save lives, Build resilient communities and Climate change to improve the life of the most marginalized communities in some of the most remote and vulnerable regions of Nepal, through a rights-based approach.
DCA Nepal seeks application from female candidates who is keen to build foundation for challenging and rewarding career in an international development environment through hands-on knowledge and practical experience as Trainee. This is an opportunity starting immediately for a year, based at Nepal Country Office, Kathmandu.
The Trainee will work in Admin team as Admin Associate and will report to Office Manager. She will be responsible as front desk contact point; supporting Office Manager in providing admin and logistic services; maintaining office inventory; making travel and ticketing arrangements. In addition, she will extend her support to Finance team in submitting payment request with proper documentation and filing accounts documents.
Key responsibilities include:
- Provide admin and logistics support for office management
- Update daily employee in & out information and circulate
- Receive all telephone calls and visitors with courtesy
- Maintain and update employee telephone list and emergency information
- Organize tickets for domestic and international travel for DCA employee, consultants and official visitors for Nepal
- Maintain a list of all upcoming travel, including details regarding dates, schedules and itineraries
- Provide support and logistics to including preparation of welcome packets, hotel reservations, and transportation logistics
- Prepare vendors invoicing and submit payment requests to Finance team ensuring proper documentation
- Assist the Finance Officer in preparing cheque/voucher as needed and informing vendors/ service providers, and consultants for its collection
- Scan and file accounts documents
What you bring:
- Knowledge of office administration, logistics, documentation & filing and payment process
- Telephone handling and good interpersonal skills
- Good verbal and written communication both in Nepali and English
- Ability and willingness to work in team
- Self-motivated, creative and ability to perform with minimal supervision
Personal qualifications needed:
- Bachelor’s Degree in relevant field
- Committed to pro-poor, rights based and gender sensitive work
- Able, willing and committed to work with people of different backgrounds
- Contribute constructively to a working environment based on mutual respect, trust and commitment
Interested female candidate irrespective of age, gender, race, religion or ethnic affiliation are encouraged to apply for this opportunity.
Please submit your application by clicking the “Apply” button below the job posting.
Applications consisting of the below will only be considered:
Cover Letter (max 1 page)
CV (max 2 pages)
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Closing date for application will be Tuesday, 21 June 2022
DCA conducts an anti-terror check as part of the recruitment process. It is a prerequisite that you can pass this check and maintain this status throughout your employment with us.
Everyone applying for a job with DCA must be ready to comply with our Staff Policy on Prevention of Sexual Exploitation, Abuse and Harassment and our Child Safeguarding Policy.
Telephone inquiry will not be entertained