Website Finn Church Aid (FCA)
Admin and Logistics Officer
Number of Vacant Position: 1
Job Level: None Specified
Job Category: Administrative, Accounting, Finance, Procurement, Logistics, Operations
Summary of Position
Job title: Admin and Logistics Officer
Function / Unit: Admin and Finance Unit
Place of Assignment: Kathmandu, Nepal
Position is: For a fixed term (01.07.2022 – 31.12.2023)
Supervisor: Finance and Admin Manager
Other reporting responsibilities and internal cooperation parties:
- Primarily work under the supervision of Finance and Admin Manager and establish good support system to program staff. This position also deals with suppliers/vendors, guests, and visitors from Head office commonly known as Service and Accountability Centre (SAC).
Primary purpose of the position:
The purpose of this position is support to FCA Nepal country office operation and project implementation on admin and logistics, including support to implementing partners to plan logistics management. S/he is responsible to provide effective and efficient support in line with FCA’s policies and procedures.
- Ensure smooth office operations in place: timely follow up and payment of office utilities (water supplies, electricity, communication etc.), suppliers’ invoice etc.
- Deal with staff travel arrangement including ticketing, hotel bookings, vehicle hire/arrangement.
- Assist in organizing project-related visits as required, e.g., staff visits, donor visits, and other visitors.
- Provide timely support in national and international ticketing as per need.
- Schedule and coordinate meetings, appointments, and travel arrangements for NEPCO staff and guests from SAC.
- Ensure that logistical preparations for workshops, meetings, fieldworks, and events are adequate and timely.
- Handle front office communication and correspondence.
- Assist and support processing the payment as and when required.
- Minutes taking of the team’s internal Monday meetings as well as other relevant meetings and share to the team.
- Maintain up-to-date records and event calendar coordinating with teams.
- Establish and maintain positive working relationships with others both internally and externally to achieve the goals of the organization.
- Support to Admin/Finance Unit in handling administrative and finance operations including drafting vendor contracts.
- Coordinate with SAC if any support is required.
- Take part in procurement of goods/services following to the FCA procurement policy and procedures.
- Properly record Purchase Request (PR), update purchase register and produce the report on quarterly basis.
- Draft advert for call for EOI, vacancy announcement and publish them in newspaper and job portal.
- Support to Procurement Committee (PC), arrange meeting, draft decision notes, and ensure approval of every procurement.
- Coordinate with team and prepare annual procurement plan and implement procurement process effectively.
- Update the vendor register, initiate framework agreement on regular services and supplies.
- Maintain supplies by checking stock to determine inventory level, anticipating needed supplies, and placing orders for supplies.
- Process the Payment Order to Finance and ensure relevant supporting documents are attached.
- Support to the partners in procurement process with respect to FCA procedures.
- Capacity building of partners in procurement.
Assets and inventory Management(15%)
- Ensure Assets and Inventory are managed as per policy.
- Handle office inventory including fixed assets and other supplies’ stock book; update of stock register and get checking from supervisor.
- Conduct physical verification of the fixed Assets and inventory items in coordination with Finance Officer.
- Ensure operation of equipment by completing preventive maintenance; calling for repairs; learning to use new equipment.
Human Resource Management(15%)
- Support to develop and implement HR strategies and initiatives aligned with FCA’s global and national strategies and relevant policies.
- Interfacing with insurance companies, pension plan providers and local administration/tax offices; remaining aware of local labor laws and ensuring FCA’s compliance with local requirements.
- Developing staff induction plans and ensure adequate inductions to new staffs.
- Ensure staff and asset insurance and up to date.
- Ensure time sheet, leave records, and produce annual summary reports.
- Perform any other duties as may be required by Finance and Admin Manager and Senior Management Team (SMT).
Competence, experience, skills, knowledge needed
Bachelor’s degree with minimum 3 years of relevant work experience in Admin and Logistics with ability to work independently. Commitment to continuous learning and willingness to work in finance is an asset. Good Knowledge and Skills of written and spoken English will be an advantage. Excellent IT skills on MS office package such as Word, Excel is required.
Smooth functioning and on time support of FCA admin and logistic work.
Responsibilities and independence
- Problem solution requires finding solutions independently. Work is done mainly independently according to goals, plans and general instructions, and it may include financial and supervisory responsibility.
Physical and psychological burden imposed
- Travel to field locations within Nepal if required
- Stress through temporary high workload, multiple assignments with conflicting deadlines.
- Interaction within the FCA NEPCO Team and external stakeholders, i.e. suppliers/vendors, partners, FCA’s guests from SAC and other offices is required
Substitution and representation
- Representing FCA in different forums/events.
- Absence cover of Finance Officer while s/he is not available.
Application Deadline: 27th June, 2022
Source: The Himalayan Times, 15 June, 2022