Website Aasaman Nepal
Aasaman Nepal (ASN) ‘A pioneer organization for education and nutrition’, is one of the leading Terai based NGOs led and managed by social activists since its establishment in Dhanusha, Janakpur in 1999. ASN has been engaged in developing and implementing programs aimed at protection, promotion, and fulfillment of child rights in Nepal. Currently ASN has been working in 17 districts under 6 Thematic Areas as: Education/Child Protection, Women Empowerment, Livelihood/ Natural Resource Management, Disaster Risk Reduction, Health/ Nutrition and Good Governance.
Aasaman Nepal is implementing USAID Education: Equity and Inclusion is a five-year project set to implement in Karnali and Madhesh Province with the objective of contributing to reduce barriers to access and retention in grade 6-10; improve quality education for marginalized children; and ensure quality implementation of disbursement linked indicators related to equity and inclusion activities under School Education Sector Plan (SESP). The project will be implemented in approximately 1800 schools spanning 215 LGs across 18 districts of Karnali and Madhesh Province.
Aasaman Nepal is looking for the self-motivated, result oriented and hard-working Nepali citizen for the following position:
Admin and Finance Officer – One (Janakpur Based)
This position will be responsible for providing Administration and Financial support to project team and supervisors from cluster level and will be responsible for overall cluster administrative management.
- Oversee day-to-day financial transactions of base location.
- Support supervisors in every administrative task of the project.
- Preparation of vouchers and financial statement and submission of those documents to Sr. Finance Officer.
- Reviewing bill/ invoice and claims and ensure adequate supporting documents, generate payment voucher, cheque writing and handover to concern party timely manner.
- Ensure and timely payments of vendor’s bills and settlement of advance, balance sheet items and reconcile periodically from the cluster level.
- Tax calculation and tax report to IRD office from cluster level.
- Support in cluster level audit process and its response.
- Maintain safe and proper filling of voucher, monthly financial report, bank reconciliation statement, and data backup for auditing and further requirement.
- Maintain petty cash, prepare cash vouchers, replenish according to established petty cash level.
- Coordinate with bank and manage all banking transactions.
- Ensure all the payments are made following proper financial procedures.
- Responsible for day to day office administration work; staff attendance, leave, staff personal file and managing agreement files from cluster level.
- Provide technical support to physical verification, procurement committee, as needed.
- Ensure timely reporting to the line manager.
- Ensure compliances with accounting standards and compliances of the organization and the project.
- Support the line manager in preparation of monthly, annual and detail budget of each activity.
- Support line manager in analysis of administrative and financial statements.
- Support his/her line manager in financial monitoring of the project.
- Monitor and control project expenses.
- Audit documentation preparation and provide necessary support during audit.
Compliance and Coordination
- Actively engage to ensure the compliance of organization and funding partner.
- Strictly follow internal control measures of the organization.
- Strictly maintain petty cash and banking transactions.
- Identify and mitigate financial risks from cluster level.
- Support line manager in orientation of non-financial staffs regarding financial compliances.
Child and adult safe guarding
- Manage the entire working environment in the office and working areas are child and adult sensitive.
- Guide the team and organization in managing protection related matters appropriately.
- Support the organization in complying with all child protection, GESI policies and other funding partners given policies, requirements and audits.
- Other responsibilities as assigned by line manager.
TECHNICAL EXPERTISE, SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE
Education qualification and experience
- Bachelor’s degree in finance, accounting or business administration, or related field with minimum 1 to 3years experience.
- Previous experience in USAID funded project would be an added advantage.
- Attention to detail
- Eagerness to learning attitude.
- Analytical and communication skills.
- Problem solving skills and relationship management.
- Ability to meet strict and multiple deadlines.
- Ability to communicate effectively verbally and in writing in English and Nepali complex and technical information to technical and general audiences; Word, Excel, Outlook, Power Points etc.
Languages: Strong command of Nepali, English, Maithili, Bhojpuri (oral and written) and local language preferred/required.
Aasaman Nepal has zero tolerance of abuse and exploitation of vulnerable people. We expect all our employees/volunteers to ensure we are protecting children, young people and vulnerable adults from harm and abide by our safeguarding policy.
Other Attributes for all positions: Excellent quality of work and commitment to high standards, strong communication skills, team building and willingness and motivated for good service delivery with strong networking and interpersonal skills and comfortable to work under stress and emergencies.
Age Limit: Candidates between 21 years to 45 years are only eligible to apply for the above position, depending upon the nature of job they will carry.
All employees must adhere to child safeguarding in person’s provisions covered in the project agreement.
Monitor staff and partners’ and ensure adherence to Aasaman Nepal’s policies and internal procedures, protocols, Aasaman Nepal’s code of Conduct with special attention to Safeguarding Standards and Procedure, Case Handling Framework, Child Protection and Do No Harm Policies. Also, immediate reporting and redress of any complaints and issues based on its severity.
- Locals, especially women and members of ethnic or marginalized communities from Madhesh Province are encouraged to apply for this position.
- Applications received after the deadline will not be considered and only shortlisted candidates will be notified for the further process.
- Canvassing at any stage of the recruitment process shall lead to automatic disqualification of the candidate.
Interested candidates are requested to submit their application along with updated CV in below link by 12/11/2023.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for participation in the recruitment process. No telephone enquiry is entertained. ASN reserves the right to qualify/disqualify any applications without any reason.
This job description is not incorporated into the employment contract. It is intended as a guide and should not be viewed as an inflexible specification as it may be varied from time to time considering the organization work. The post holder will be expected to demonstrate high level of efficient and effective working skills to perform the responsibilities.