Website HLE Nepal
Position: Accounts Assistant
Why join HLE Nepal?
HLE Nepal is an Australian mortgage company with a difference: our mission is to operate ethically for the benefit of society. That includes our customers as well as our employees. Our team of ex-credit officers, property addicts, and finance gurus have been punching way above their weight in the broking industry for over 10 years. How good are we? Over AUD $2 billion in settled loans.
We run out of three offices; one in Sydney, Australia and two more in Nepal and most importantly we grew to over 400 happy employees and we still intend to grow, pandemic or not! That’s because our employees share the value of training and professional development so that we can continue to help Australians in tough situations with home loans as well as lead the way to produce a professional workforce in Nepal.
What is your role like?
You, as an Accounts Assistant will be responsible for assisting to maintain records, process payments, monitor expenses and prepare financial reports for the organization’s overall Accounting processes. Your role entails assisting the Accounts team in the day-to-day Accounting activities of both Sydney and Nepal accounts.
Some of your major deliverables are:
- To record each and every transaction in accounting software (Xero)
- To process salary, other payments, and file & pay taxes for Nepal and Sydney office and follow up on it
- To maintain smooth operation by liaising with banks, vendors, tax office and others
- To assist in preparing periodic and annual financial reports for Nepal
- To monitor insurance claim of staff and expenses against approved budget
- At Least 1 year’s experience in accounting
- Minimum Bachelor’s Degree in Management (preferred in Finance and/or Accounts specialization) /MBA (with Finance and/or Accounts Specialization)/ ACCA
- Experience of working with any Accounting Software (Tally/Xero/Others)
- Knowledge of Nepal’s VAT, TDS, Income Tax Act and relevant accounting and financial regulations
Are you the one?
You are diligent, serious, and bring accountability to work. You like achieving goals consistently and efficiently even with multiple priorities in hand. You can work independently with minimal supervision and are adaptable to changing priorities. You know what needs to be done and deliver what is expected of you.
What’s in it for you?
At HLE we love to work, to earn and learn as well. Your team loves to motivate you to learn about each aspect of accounting in the national and international platform as well. With your highly experienced Accounting team members, there is so much to learn about finance and accounts beyond your responsibilities. Also, your team takes every opportunity to celebrate your wins and push you forward!
We offer great growth and amazing career advancement opportunities for our employees. Although we work in a high-paced environment we highly value work-life balance.
Oh did we mention, we only work 5 days a week? Mon- Fri.
Besides the list of benefits that the Labour Law mandates, we also offer;
- Competitive salary package
- Personal and professional training and development
- Employee Assistance Program – for your mental wellbeing!
- COVID-19 leaves
- Annual Flu shots
- Work From Home – Assist you to set up your workstation
- Partially paid internet service while working from home
- Book Bonus – you get paid for reading!
- Employee Referral Bonus
- Customer Referral Bonus – Refer your friends and relatives in Australia to use our services and we’ll reward you!
Work Hours: 8:00 am to 4:00 pm, non-negotiable. (including 1-hour lunch break)
To apply for this job please visit hlenepal.com.np.