Company: Human Rights Forum Nepal
Human Rights Forum Nepal (HURF), is a non-profit, non-governmental organization Ilam which has been working in the fields of human rights and rights, conflict, peace and justice, gender and social inclusion as well as governance and democracy for nearly 20 years. HURF is seeking for a experienced, creative and motivated.
Duration : 2 years( probationary period: 3 months)
Location : Illam with field visits in Ilam and other districts
In close cooperation with the Management Committee the Project Coordinator is required to:
• Manage HURF’s Mediation for Peace and Justice Project.
• Provide support in other peacebuilding projects and to explore new opportunities to expand the existing peacebuilding program.
• Support in providing technical assistance and capacity building in the areas of mediation and conflict transformation, especially by designing of and (co) facilitating trainings in these areas.
• Contribute to strategic planning and activity planning and overall project management
• Carryout project monitoring and evaluation of HURF projects (PM&E Officer).
• Provide regular conflict analysis in local, regional and national level and to provide recommendations for HURF’s organizational and project units.
• Connect with stakeholders on all levels.
• Prepare and to edit news for the HURF’s Internet appearance and newsletters
• Prepare and to edit reports, proposals, manuals, etc.
• Provide risk assessments and to develop risk management strategies.
• Assist with Nepali-English translation and interpretation.
• Work closely with the international peace advisor.
Required Qualification and Experience
• Bachelor’s degree in a relevant subject area
• At least 5 years of relevant work experience, preferably in conflict sensitive project planning and management, mediation, conflict transformation, PM&E, training designing and facilitation, conflict analysis, risk assessment, conflict analysis and public relations.
• Experience in working with political actors, governmental officials, civil society leaders and other stakeholders at all levels
• Ability to work both independently and collaboratively with an highly motivated team
• Very good communication skills in English and Nepali (oral and written)
• Proficiency in computer use (e.g. word, excel, power point, e-mail and Internet)
Last date to apply: 23 February 2018.
HOW TO APPLY
Interested and qualified Nepali citizens can send their application along with CV and photograph to: firstname.lastname@example.org by no later than 23 February 2018 we actively encourage of applications of women, Dalits and other disadvantaged groups. Only short listed candidates will be contacted for further selection procedures
Human Rights Forum (HURF) Nepal
Ilam MunicIpaly 7, Ilam
Ph: 027520800, 520919
E-mail: email@example.com , Info@hurf.org.np .
This job announcement was published in Nagarik News on 9th February 2018.