Social Media Consultant, UNICEF Regional Office, Kathmandu, Nepal
Job no: 510725
Position type: Consultancy
School/Unit: Reg Serv Division, Kathmandu
Department/Office: Reg Serv – Comm. Section, Kathmandu
Categories: Communication / External Relations, Consultancy
UNICEF works in some of the world’s toughest places, to reach the world’s most disadvantaged children. To save their lives. To defend their rights. To help them fulfill their potential.
Across 190 countries and territories, we work for every child, everywhere, every day, to build a better world for everyone.
And we never give up.
Purpose of the assignment:
To plan, manage, market and monitor content on UNICEF Regional Office for South Asia (ROSA) digital platforms (such as ROSA website, Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, YouTube, etc.).
Under the supervision of the Regional Chief of Communication and in co-ordination with the Communication Specialist, the Consultant will be primarily responsible for planning, managing, marketing and monitoring content on UNICEF ROSA’s digital platforms (such as ROSA website, Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, YouTube, etc.). The consultant will also be responsible to identify and create conversations around cross-cutting issues that do not come under Headline Results, such as adolescence, gender, emergency and other topics related to UNICEF’s mandate. He/She will engage followers in a dynamic, interactive and meaningful way and will identify and engage with South Asian groups/associations, which are digitally active. The consultant will also have opportunity to make recommendations regarding the use of current and future social media channels.
The main responsibilities include:
1. Work on a digital plan/s for the Regional Office (RO) which will integrate the different digital platforms with a view to bolster advocacy goals in priority issues targeting different audiences.
2. Implement a content editorial calendar to manage content and plan specific, timely campaigns.
3. Research, create and manage relevant, high-quality, creative and engaging content on key issues for the different digital platforms. Further, the consultant will turn a technical content into general public and social media-friendly language to increase engagement from various sets of audiences. The content must be reviewed/approved by relevant sections and ROSA communication.
4. Monitor, listen and respond to followers in a dynamic and interactive way while cultivating meaningful engagement.
5. Create a regular publishing schedule.
6. Adapt to regional reality those contents produced by NYHQ, to be shared with Country Offices in South Asia.
7. Design, create and manage promotions and social ad campaigns, etc.
8. Take the initiative to regularly update the RO’s online platform designs.
9. Measure and analyse the impact of RO’s online platforms and social networks and make monthly (or more often if needed) reports.
10. Monitor trends in social media tools and tactics, applications, audiences, emerging trends and strategy especially in South Asia. Assess and report risks and threats to appropriate management.
11. Identify, develop and expand a community of key digital influencers and digitally active stakeholders who can help us in our digital outreach efforts.
12. Keep track of initiatives by relevant organizations and agencies that may be relevant to our work.
13. Provide general assistance to the RO Communications Section
The consultant will work with the Communications Section in UNICEF ROSA Office in Kathmandu. The consultant will work under the supervision of Regional Chief of Communication and coordination with the Communication Specialist. As required, He/She will also work in coordination with ROSA’s relevant programme sections, communication personnel in Head Quarter, Country Offices, RO’s communication consultants, and also external partners with relation to social and digital media.
• Advanced University Degree in Digital Media, Communication, Digital Marketing, Public Relations, Advertising, Journalism or related fields.
• At least five years of extensive experience using social-media platforms to achieve organizational goals and objectives.
• Displays in-depth knowledge and understanding of social media platforms (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, YouTube, YouTube, etc.), their respective participants and how each platform can be deployed in different scenarios.
• Proficient in content strategy, development and editing.
• Proven knowledge and experience using social media for development messaging.
• Must demonstrate excellent writing skills especially for digital platforms.
• Maintains a working knowledge of SEO, Google Analytics, social media analytical tools and management platforms like Hootsuite, etc.
• Displays ability to effectively communicate information and ideas in both written and verbal format.
• Proficiency in graphic design, infographics, photo editing and video editing is an asset.
• Knowledge of other South-Asian languages is an asset.
• High ethical standards and understanding of sensitivities relating to children is highly desirable.
• Both a team player and an individual contributor.
• A strong understanding of UNICEF programs and policy and a sound interpretation and judgment to present these programs and policies in a way that enhances UNICEF’s image is an asset.
• Excellent command over written and verbal English language is a must.
UNICEF is committed to diversity and inclusion within its workforce, and encourages all candidates, irrespective of gender, nationality, religious and ethnic backgrounds, including persons living with disabilities, to apply to become a part of the organization.
NOTE: Please indicate your current monthly rate in US Dollar for this consultancy. Application with monthly rate will not be entertained.
Last date to apply: Feb 21 2018
HOW TO APPLY